Understanding Your CP182 Notice


What this notice is about

We sent you this notice because your tax return is missing Form 3468, Investment Credit.

What you need to do

  • Read the notice carefully to determine the required form needed to complete your return.

  • Download the required form or call 800-829-3676.

  • Fill out the Contact Information section of the notice, detach, and send it to us with your completed form so we receive it by the date indicated on the notice.

You may want to

  • Review the filing requirements and instructions for the missing form to determine whether your organization needs to file.

  • Review your records to ensure all applicable forms were attached when filed.

Frequently asked questions

What happens if I don't respond by the due date?

If you don't respond by the due date of the notice, your tax and/or credits may be adjusted which may result in a balance due.

Who do I call for assistance?

For assistance with your business return, call 800-829-0115 or, for assistance with Form 1120-POL, U.S. Income Tax Return for Certain Political Organizations, Form 990-C, Farmer's Cooperative Association Income Tax Return, or Form 990-T, Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Return, call 877-829-5500.

Tips for next year

Refer to the instructions for your tax return for required documentation. Attach all required forms and schedules to your tax return when filing.

Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions that you may qualify for. In many cases you can file for free.

Helpful information

Need Help?