1. How do I verify my organization has filed all required tax forms?
The person in your organization responsible for filing tax returns (including employment tax returns) should contact the IRS to check for any monies owed or tax returns not filed. Here are the phone numbers:
- IRS Tax Exempt Organization line – 877-829-5500
- IRS Business and Specialty Tax line – 800-829-4933
- IRS Excise Tax and Form 2290 line – 866-699-4096
2. Are organizations that have entered into an installment agreement eligible for consideration for a VITA grant?
Yes. An installment agreement does constitute compliance with federal tax obligations. Tax compliance is defined as filing all required tax and information returns and payment of all federal taxes, penalties, and/or interest.
3. Will an approved extension for filing a tax return be accepted as being in compliance?
Yes. An approved extension for filing a tax return is acceptable for compliance.
Next FAQ Category: Eligibility