- Dirty Dozen Tax Scams for 2014
Tax scams peak during filing season. Don’t fall victim to any of these common illegal schemes.
- How to Choose a Tax Preparer
We offer tips to help you better choose a reputable paid tax return preparer.
- IRS Warns of Telephone Scam
Beware of this sophisticated scam, in which callers claim to be IRS employees and ask for personal info.
- 2014 Tax Season
Details on 2014 tax season and online tools to file returns, check refund status and much more.
- New IRS Video Helps Same Sex Couples
IRS released You Tube video with useful tax tips for married same-sex couples.
- Simplified Option for Claiming Home Office Deduction Now Available
Home-based businesses can choose a new simplified option for claiming the Home Office Deduction.
- IRS Fights ID Theft and Refund Fraud
For the 2014 filing season, the IRS has expanded its efforts to better protect taxpayers.
- ID Theft and Your Tax Return
The IRS takes strong actions to help victims of identity theft.
- Criminal Investigation Combats ID Theft
The work done by Criminal Investigation is a major component in the efforts against identity theft.
- Help for Tax-Exempt Organizations
Tax information for charities and other non-profits.
- The New i1023 Form
IRS is testing an interactive Form 1023 developed to make applying for tax exemption easier.
- IRS Charts a Path Forward
IRS is improving processes and implementing new actions for approving tax-exempt organizations.