- IRS and partners fight ID theft
IRS, public and private sectors are jointly fighting identity theft refund fraud, protecting taxpayers.
- IRS and partners hold security summit
The summit recommended steps protect taxpayers and prevent and detect ID theft refund fraud.
- Identity protection
Our identity theft resource page provides information on prevention, detection and assistance for victims.
- Summer tax tip # 2: gambling winnings and losses
Winnings are taxable and must be reported on your tax return, but losses may be deductible.
- Summer tax tips
This summertime reading could help save you money.
- Subscribe to IRS Tax Tips
Sign up to get tax tips for the summer and rest of the year directly by email.
- Details about Get Transcript incident
Statement outlines issues involving fraudsters accessing the online tool.
- Questions and Answers on Get Transcript
Q&As explain the online tool and steps the IRS is taking to protect taxpayers.
- Aplicación “Ordenar Transcripción”
Lea nuestra declaración sobre la aplicación Ordenar Transcripción en línea.
- Combating ID theft and refund fraud
Our new processes help prevent refund fraud, investigate ID theft crimes and help victims.
- Taxpayer Guide to Identity Theft
Learn about tax-related ID theft, what happens if you’re a victim and what to do about it.
- Watch our videos on identity theft
Protect yourself from ID theft and find out how we can help if you're a victim.
- See Pub. 5196 on employer reporting requirements
Many large employers must report health coverage information in early 2016.
- See Pub. 5215 on provider reporting requirements
Insurers or others providing minimum essential coverage to individuals must report information in early 2016.
- Health care and taxes on IRS.gov/ACA
Find out how the health care law may affect you and your tax return.