California Practitioner Liaison Meetings and Seminars
If you live near a state line, please look for meetings in nearby cities of the bordering state.
Small Business Tax Institute
San Jose State University in partnership with the Internal Revenue Service are offering a full day of pertinent topics addressing small business issues for those who support the success of small businesses and entrepreneurs in the community. The focus of this 3rd annual event is “best practices in operating a small business.” IRS and state tax agency employees, practitioners and university staff will be providing presentations and panel discussions on:
- Owner and Employee Benefits – including impact of the Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions
- Optimizing Business Deductions – home office, depreciation, travel and transportation, etc.
- Due Diligence in Serving Small Business Clients – Circular 230 and other rules of conduct
- Sales Tax – Avoiding California and multi-state problems
- Hiring Correctly and Avoiding Payroll, Non-tax Legal and Classification Problems
- Accounting Methods Requirements and Options for Small Businesses
CPA CPE, MCLE for California Attorneys and Continuing Education credit for Enrolled Agents and CTEC Registered Tax Preparers is being offered. Lunch and light refreshments are included.
Registration: Visit the Tax Institute website. The fees charged are by the other sponsoring organizations and not the Internal Revenue Service.
Sponsored By: San Jose State University Masters in Taxation Program and Internal Revenue Service
Co-sponsored by: CalCPA Silicon Valley-San Jose Chapter, Mission Society of Enrolled Agents and California Bar Taxation Section Young Tax Lawyers Committee
Date: June 24, 2015
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Biltmore Hotel; 2151 Laurelwood Road; Santa Clara, CA 95054
Contact: Annette Nellen; Email: email@example.com