New York Tax Practitioner Institute Classes
If you live near a state line, please look for classes in nearby cities of the bordering state.
Title: 15th Annual Tax Practitioner’s Institute
Date: September 19, 2014
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Queensborough Community College, 222-05 56th Avenue, Bayside, NY 11364
Contact: Office of Continuing Education; Phone: 718-631-6343; Fax: 718-281-5538
Event Information: Designed for CPAs, enrolled agents and other tax professionals, this conference will showcase an agenda of important issues and hot topics to meet the needs of practitioners who handle individual and business accounts. The program carries 8 continuing education credits. The $175 tuition includes all sessions, materials, refreshment breaks, buffet luncheon, parking and the $15 registration fee. Approved by NYS Education Department for 8 CPE credits; New York State Department of Education Sponsor License #001711; BUX-415 F 1 session (8 hours). For additional information and registration, download the brochure (PDF) or contact the Office of Continuing Education at the phone or fax numbers listed above.
Sponsored By: Continuing Education Department of Queensborough Community College
Title: Fall Tax Practitioner Institute
Date: December 9, 2014
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Millennium Airport Hotel Buffalo, 2040 Walden Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14225
Contact: Margaret Grady; Phone: 716-645-3200; Email: email@example.com
Event Information: The annual tax practitioner institute consists of the following speakers and topics:
- IRS Federal Tax Law Updates - Susan R. Jensky, IRS Senior Stakeholder Liaison
- NYS Tax & Finance, Tax Law and E-File/E-Services Updates - Suzanne Reusch, Director of Outreach and Taxpayer Education
- IRS Employee Plans Updates - Chris Parker, IRS Albany Group Manager
- NYS Tax & Finance, Enforcement Updates - Argi Oleary, Deputy Commissioner, of NYS Tax &Civil Enforcement Division
- IRS Examination Updates - Machelle A. Smith, IRS Buffalo Group Manager
- NYS Tax & Finance, Start-up NY and EDS Initiatives - Mwisa Chisunka, Business Ombudswoman & Director of Business Tax Services and Education
- IRS Collection Updates & New Initiatives - David S. Smith, IRS Buffalo Group Manager
- NYS Tax & Finance, Updates & New Initiatives with BCMS - Camille Siano-Enders, Deputy Commissioner and Director of Bureau of Conciliation and Mediation Services (BCMS)
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m.; program starts at 8:30 a.m. Complimentary breakfast, lunch and snacks. Full attendance will earn 8 CPE credits #001414. Program fee: $175 early bird special through November 12, 2014; $190 from November 13 - December 9, 2014. To register online, visit the UB School of Management website or call 716-645-3200
Sponsored By: University at Buffalo School of Management
Title: Tax Practitioner Institute
Date: December 2, 2014
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Dutchess County Community College, 53 Pendall Road, Browne Hall, Room 122, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Contact: Timothy Vermillion; Phone: 845-431-8907; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Information: The upstate New York Area of the Internal Revenue Service has planned a Tax Practitioners' Institute developed in conjunction with Dutchess Community College and the NYS Department of Taxation & Finance. The program is directed to enrolled agents, certified public accountants and tax preparation practitioners who handle either individual or business accounts. Seating is limited to 65.
This program carries 8 CPE credits for CPA's and enrolled agents to document their continuing education. Students will be required to sign out. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. Registration includes continental breakfast and a box lunch. The cost is $80 if registered by November 21, 2014; $90 after November 21, 2014. The deadline to register is December 1, 2014. Onsite parking is free.
There are 5 ways to register for TAX110/Tax Practitioners’ Institute:
- Phone: Call the Office of Community Services at 845-431-8910.
- Fax: Send completed registration form to 845-431-8988.
- Mail To: Office of Community Services, Dutchess Community College, 53 Pendell Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- In Person: Office of Community Services, Bowne Hall, Room 118 (Parking Lot E, intersection of Creek and Pendell Roads, Poughkeepsie, NY), Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Online: Visit the Dutchess County Community College website.
CRN# 5306; Subject: Tax; Course#: 110; Section: 10; Begin Date: 12/02; Course Title: Tax Practitioners’ Institute; Fee $80
CRN#5307; Subject: Tax; Course#: 110; Section: 11; Begin Date: 12/02; Course Title: Tax Practitioners’ Institute (late registration); Fee $90
Contact Timothy Vermillion by phone or email listed above to obtain a registration form. Please use one registration form per person. Duplicate the registration form if needed. Call 845-431-8001 for travel directions.
Sponsored By: Dutchess County Community College