Webinars for Small Businesses
The IRS broadcasts webinars on a variety of subjects aimed at educating tax professionals on issues affecting them and their clients. The webinars are free and often offer continuing education (CE) credit for enrolled agents.
`Appeals: Overview of Recent Policy Changes - December 10, 2014
Title: Appeals: Overview of Recent Policy Changes
Date: December 10, 2014
Time: 2:00 p.m. (ET); 1:00 p.m. (CT); 12:00 p.m. (MT); 11:00 a.m. (PT)
Location: Your Office or Home
Contact: SB/SE Webinars; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Information: This FREE one-hour broadcast is for:
- Tax Professionals and Organizations
- Small Businesses and Organizations
- Introduction to the Office of Appeals
- History of the Appeals Judicial Approach and Culture Project
- Recent Policy Changes for Exam and Collection Reinforcing Independence
- Importance of Taxpayer Cooperation with Compliance
- Plus a live Q&A session
Certificates of completion are being offered. Earn 1 CE credit – Federal Tax
To register for the event, visit the Internal Revenue Service Webinar Registration website.
This event will be archived on the IRS Video Portal for later viewing approximately three weeks after the date of the event.
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars.
- IRS Live is a panel discussion among IRS experts and industry professionals aimed at educating tax professionals on the most current and complex tax issues affecting them and their clients.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one e-mail address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately.
Certificates of Completion are emailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.