Webinars for Small Businesses
The IRS broadcasts webinars on a variety of subjects aimed at educating tax professionals on issues affecting them and their clients. The webinars are free and often offer continuing education (CE) credit for enrolled agents.
- 4th Quarterly Coffee (Webinar) (MD, NC, SC, VA) - September 18, 2014
- 2014 Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions for Individuals, Families and Small Businesses - September 17, 2014
States: MD, NC, SC, VA
Title: 4th Quarterly Coffee (Webinar)
Date: September 18, 2014
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. (Eastern Time)
Location: Your home or office
Contact: Marie Wright; Phone: 443-853-5062; Email: Marie.A.Wright@irs.gov
Event Information: This webinar is the fourth in a series of quarterly webinars presented by the IRS South Atlantic Area Stakeholder Liaisons to share quarterly business and industry outreach issues for FY 2014. Topics will include the Social Security Administration policy change, business identity theft, Affordable Care Act provisions covering the small business tax credit and net investment income and a presentation from U.S. Census Bureau. For more information, contact Marie Wright by phone or email listed above.
Sponsored By: IRS South Atlantic Area State Industry Leads
Title: 2014 Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions for Individuals, Families and Small Businesses
Date: September 17, 2014
Time: 2:00 p.m. (ET); 1:00 p.m. (CT); 12:00 p.m. (MT); 11:00 a.m. (PT)
Location: Your Office or Home
Contact: SB/SE Webinars; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Information: This FREE one-hour broadcast is for:
- All Tax Professionals
- Individual and Small Business Taxpayers
- Small Business and Industry Organizations
- Government agencies
The Affordable Care Act 2014 Marketplace tax provisions:
- Individual Shared Responsibility Provision (IRC 5000A)
- Premium Tax Credit (IRC 36B)
- Small Business Health Care Tax Credit (IRC 45R)
Plus a live Q&A session with Subject Matter Expert
Certificates of completion are being offered for this broadcast. Earn 1 CE credit – Category: Federal Tax.
To register for the event, visit the Internal Revenue Service Webinar Registration website.
This event will be archived on the IRS Video Portal for later viewing approximately three weeks after the date of the event.
Sponsored By: IRS Small Business/Self-Employed Division
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars.
- IRS Live is a panel discussion among IRS experts and industry professionals aimed at educating tax professionals on the most current and complex tax issues affecting them and their clients.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one e-mail address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately.
Certificates of Completion are emailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.