Webinars for Tax Practitioners
The IRS broadcasts webinars on a variety of subjects aimed at educating tax professionals on issues affecting them and their clients. The webinars are free and often offer continuing education (CE) credit for enrolled agents.
- Small Business Health Care Tax Credit (Webinar) - January 6, 2015
- Affordable Care Act - Premium Tax Credit (Webinar) - January 13, 2015
- Affordable Care Act - 5000A Individual Shared Responsibility Provision (Webinar) - January 20, 2015
- 2014 Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions (Webinar) - January 22, 2015
States: IL, KS, MO, NE, OK
Title: Small Business Health Care Tax Credit (Webinar)
Date: January 6, 2015
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Location: Your home or office
Contact: Anita Douglas; Phone: 405-297-4719; Email: Anita.E.Douglas@irs.gov
Event Information: IRS Stakeholder Liaison will give a 50 minute virtual presentation on the Affordable Care Act - Small Business Health Care Tax Credit. Attendees will have the opportunity to earn 1 hour of Continuing Education Credit. The webinar is free. For more information, contact Anita Douglas by phone or email above.
Sponsored By: Oklahoma Society of Enrolled Agents
Internal Revenue Service
States: CA, HI, NV
Title: 2014 Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions (Webinar)
Date: January 22, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Location: Your Office or Home
Contact: Stakeholder Liaison Western Area; Email: SL.Western@irs.gov
Event Information: This FREE 2-hour webinar is for:
- All Tax Professionals
Join us to learn about three key Affordable Care Act tax provisions that affect 2014 federal income tax returns:
- The Individual Shared Responsibility Provision (ISRP)
- The Premium Tax Credit (PTC)
- The Small Business Health Care Tax Credit (SBHCTC)
Certificates of completion are being offered. Earn 2 CE credits – Category: Federal Tax Update.
To register, visit IRS Conference Event Central website.
Note: Closed captioning available upon request (72 hour notice required). Closed captioning displays the words that describe the audio portion of the program for viewers who are deaf or hard of hearing. Captions are available in English only; email SL.Western@irs.gov if needed.
Sponsored By: IRS Stakeholder Liaison Western Area
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars. CE credit is not offered for viewing presentations on the IRS Video Portal.
- IRS Live is a panel discussion among IRS experts and industry professionals aimed at educating tax professionals on the most current and complex tax issues affecting them and their clients. CE credit is often offered for viewing live broadcasts, but not for viewing archived IRS Live shows.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one email address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately.
Certificates of Completion are e-mailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.