Webinars for Tax Practitioners
The IRS broadcasts webinars on a variety of subjects aimed at educating tax professionals on issues affecting them and their clients. The webinars are free and often offer continuing education (CE) credit for enrolled agents.
- 2015 Payment Alternatives When You Owe the IRS (Webinar) - March 25, 2015
- New Online Tools from Social Security and IRS (Webinar) - February 25, 2015
Title: 2015 Payment Alternatives When You Owe the IRS
Date: March 25, 2015
Time: 2:00 p.m. (ET); 1:00 p.m. (CT); 12:00 p.m. (MT); 11:00 a.m. (PT)
Location: Your Office or Home
Contact: SB/SE Webinars; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Information: This FREE one-hour broadcast is for:
- Tax professionals and organizations
- Small businesses and organizations
- Online Payment Agreements – Expanded eligibility criteria
- Prerequisites to Collection Case Resolution – Why current and ongoing compliance is vital
- Collection Information Statements – Providing financial information to resolve the more complex collection cases. When it is necessary and how the information is used.
- Selling or refinancing property when there is a tax lien – What you’ll need to make the process go smoothly.
- Plus a live Q&A session
Certificates of completion are being offered. Earn 1 CE credit – Federal Tax
Registration: Visit the Internal Revenue Service Webinar Registration website.
This event will be archived in the IRS Video Portal for later viewing approximately three weeks after the date of the event.
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service
States: CA, HI and NV
Title: New Online Tools from Social Security and IRS (Webinar)
Date: February 25, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Location: Your office or home
Event Information: Tax season is here and many beneficiaries need a SSA-1099 or a SSA-1042S to complete their tax returns. If your clients receive Social Security benefits and did not receive or misplaced their SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, encourage them to save time and create a “My Social Security” account to get instant replacements. Gain a better understanding of IRS' online tools, including online payment agreements and direct pay, to serve your clients better. To register, visit the IRS Conference Center website.
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service and Social Security Administration
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars.
- IRS Live is a panel discussion among IRS experts and industry professionals aimed at educating tax professionals on the most current and complex tax issues affecting them and their clients.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one e-mail address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately. Certificates of Completion are emailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.