Webinars for Tax Practitioners
The IRS broadcasts webinars on a variety of subjects aimed at educating tax professionals on issues affecting them and their clients. The webinars are free and often offer continuing education (CE) credit for enrolled agents.
ACA Small Business Health Care Tax Provisions
The IRS is presenting a webinar for residents of California, Hawaii and Nevada on small business tax issues including Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions: Small Business Health Care Tax Credit.
Registration: Email SL.Western@irs.gov and note "ACA Webinar 8-5-15" in the subject line. Space is limited, so reserve your space today!
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor and Covered California
Date: August 5, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Tangible Property Regulations (Nationwide)
This free 2-hour broadcast is for tax professionals, small businesses and organizations.
- General rules contained in the Internal Revenue Code (IRC)
- Acquisition and production costs
- Applicable Financial Statements (AFS)
- Materials and supply rules
- Improvements vs. repairs
- Betterments, restorations and adaptations
- Safe harbor
- Election to capitalize repair and maintenance costs
- Method changes
- Simplified procedures for small business taxpayers
- Plus live Q&A with IRS subject matter experts
Certificates of completion are being offered. Earn up to 2 CE credits – Federal Tax Update.
This event will be archived in the IRS Video Portal for later viewing approximately three weeks after the date of the event.
Date: July 15, 2015
Time: 2:00 p.m. (ET); 1:00 p.m. (CT); 12:00 p.m. (MT); 11:00 a.m. (PT)
Registration: Visit the Internal Revenue Service Webinar Registration website; Questions:
Sponsored By: Internal Revenue Service
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video Portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one e-mail address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately. Certificates of Completion are emailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.