Webinars for Tax Practitioners
The IRS broadcasts webinars on a variety of subjects aimed at educating tax professionals on issues affecting them and their clients. The webinars are free and often offer continuing education (CE) credit for enrolled agents.
Title: Tax Professional Updates (Webinar) (MD, NC, SC & VA)
Date: June 19, 2014
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: Your home or office
Contact: Rhonda Brown; Phone: 443-257-3102; Email: Rhonda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Information: This 2-hour webinar is a quarterly event conducted by IRS Stakeholder Liaisons and will give an overview of the following topics:
- Navigating the IRS for Tax Professionals
- Becoming a Reporting Agent
- EITC Due Diligence
- ITIN and Certifying Acceptance Agents
Please contact Rhonda Brown for additional information.
Sponsored By: IRS Stakeholder Liaison South Atlantic Field Office
Other Video Outreach Products
- The IRS Video portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, archived versions of live panel discussions and webinars. CE credit is not offered for viewing presentations on the IRS Video Portal.
- IRS Live is a panel discussion among IRS experts and industry professionals aimed at educating tax professionals on the most current and complex tax issues affecting them and their clients. CE credit is often offered for viewing live broadcasts, but not for viewing archived IRS Live shows.
Continuing Education Credit
To receive a certificate of completion, you must:
- View the live presentation for at least 50 minutes from the start of the program.
- View the presentation while signed in using the same email address that you used to register (you will not receive credit by watching on someone else’s computer). This will confirm your attendance and generate your certificate of completion.
- Register individually. Groups can not register with one email address and then receive separate certificates. If certificates are needed, each person must register separately.
Certificates of Completion are e-mailed approximately three weeks after the broadcast.
If you are an enrolled agent, you must register for the webinar with your PTIN. Your PTIN begins with the letter P followed by eight digits. If you don't supply a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other participants will be sent a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organization's or state's CE requirements.