IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

How to Contact the Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division

Charities & Non-Profits

  • For answers to technical and procedural questions about charities and other non-profit organizations, call IRS Tax Exempt and Government Entities Customer Account Services at (877) 829-5500 (toll-free number). If you prefer to write, use the address below.
  • For answers to employment tax questions, call the Business and Specialty Tax Line at (800) 829-4933 (toll-free).
  • To obtain a determination letter that applies the principles and precedents previously announced to a specific set of facts, or to transmit copies of amended documents write or fax to:

            Internal Revenue Service
            Exempt Organizations Determinations
            Room 4024
            P.O. Box 2508
            Cincinnati, OH 45201
            Fax: (855) 204-6184
  • To elevate an issue within the EO management structure about an issue in a specific case, write to the appropriate manager. 
  • To initiate a closing agreement, unrelated to an ongoing examination, contact the EO closing agreement coordinator.

Federal, State, & Local Governments

Please visit our FSLG Customer Accounts Services page.


Indian Tribal Governments

Please visit our How to Contact ITG page.

Retirement Plans Community

You may direct your technical and procedural questions concerning retirement plans to us in a variety of ways.


TE/GE Customer Account Services at (877) 829-5500 (toll-free number).


Internal Revenue Service
TE/GE Division, Correspondence Unit
P.O. Box 2508
Cincinnati, OH 45201

Note: All questions submitted via e-mail must be responded to via telephone, so please remember to include your phone number in your message. No personal information (SSN's, etc.) should be included in the e-mail.


Tax Exempt Bond Community

Please visit our TEB Customer Services page.


Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 03-Jul-2014