IRS Reports on Credit Counseling Initiative
Internal Revenue Service officials have released a report, with executive summary, on the agency's examination of abusive practices by nonprofit credit counseling organizations. The report describes the IRS on-going program to ensure continuous compliance with the tax laws through education, examinations, a comprehensive determination process, and a public awareness program.
- Questionnaire - compliance check of credit counseling organizations
- Letter to credit counseling organizations applying for recognition of exemption
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Consumer Alert on Credit Counseling Organizations
- IR-2006-80 - IRS Takes New Steps on Credit Counseling Groups Following Widespread Abuse