Retirement Plan Information for Tax-Exempt Organizations
By starting a retirement savings plan, an organization will help its employees save for the future. Retirement plans may also help an organization attract and retain better qualified employees. For more information, including a helpful chart comparing the features of available plans, see IRS Publication 4484, Choose a retirement plan for employees of tax exempt and government entities.
The IRS provides the following additional resources for tax-exempt organizations interested in establishing retirement plans for employees:
- Publication 4483, 403(b) Tax-Sheltered Annuity for Sponsor
- Publication 4482, 403(b) Tax-Sheltered Annuity for Participant
- Publication 571, Tax-Sheltered Annuity Plans (403(b) Plans) for Employees of Public Schools and Certain Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Publication 4546, 403(b) Plan Checklist
- Online training for employers and employees about 403(b) plans at StayExempt.IRS.gov