The deadline to file and pay your taxes is April 15, 2014.
Join the more than 80 percent of taxpayers who use IRS e-file.
- E-file with Free File, commercial tax software, or use a paid tax preparer.
- Get your Electronic Filing PIN, a one-time code used to verify your identity.
- Speed, safety and choice - with Direct Deposit you can have it all.
- Those who qualify for free tax help from a VITA or TCE Volunteer can e-file, too.
Get the tax forms and instructions you need to file your 2013 return here.
- Need help? Here's where to find it: IRS Services.
- Use the Interactive Tax Assistant to find answers to your tax law questions.
- Use the IRS Tax Map for links to tax information, forms, publications and instructions.
- Use the EITC Assistant to see if you are eligible for this important credit.
- Do you need a tax return or account transcript? Order one online.
- With the IRS2Go smartphone application, get the information you need - whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Check on Your Refund - Use Where's My Refund?
Things to Consider
- If your refund or balance due was too big, consider using the withholding calculator.
- There are changes to itemized deduction for 2013 medical expenses if you plan to itemize medical deductions.
- New Additional Medicare Tax and Net Investment Income Tax may affect some taxpayers.
- You don't need to file a 2013 federal tax return solely to establish eligibility or qualify for advance payment of the Premium Tax Credit under the Affordable Care Act. Visit www.IRS.gov/aca for more information.