Electronic Filing PIN Request
Planned Outage: May 23 — May 28, 2013
This service will be unavailable beginning approximately 7:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, May 23, 2013 until approximately 5:00 a.m. ET on Tuesday, May 28, 2013, due to several factors, including scheduled maintenance.
To e-file your 2012 tax return or other electronic forms, you must verify your identity with your Self-Select PIN or Adjusted Gross Income from your 2011 tax return. If you don't have this information from your 2011 tax return, you can request an Electronic Filing PIN—it's as easy as 1-2-3!
- You filed a 2011 Form 1040, Form 1040-A, Form 1040-EZ or Form 1040-SS (PR); and
- Your return was processed by November 30, 2012.
- Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number;
- First and Last Name;
- Date of Birth;
- Filing Status; and
- Complete mailing address as it appeared on your 2011 tax return.
- Visit the Electronic Filing Pin-Help tool; or
- Call 1-866-704-7388.
Using the Electronic Filing PIN
After you get your Electronic Filing PIN, enter it in the “Electronic Filing PIN” field when filing your return. The Electronic Filing PIN is a temporary PIN used by the IRS to verify your identity when you e-file. Keep a copy of your signed tax return for your records.
Note: If you have trouble while using this application, verify system availability and specific browser and system requirements.
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 23-May-2013