Find it easy to spread the word about key income tax topics!
This page offers you electronic communication materials to use in reaching out to the people you serve. Get free news you can use each month, targeted by time of year to coincide with what your customers, employees, volunteers, etc. need to know about new tax law legislation, IRS events and other activities that affect them.
Please feel free to use these items for your websites, in electronic products, publications, etc. as needed. More items will be added each month. Submit your suggestions for topics you would like to see. Please send any feedback to us at this email address.
Subscribe now to receive email alerts when this page is updated!
Drop-in Articles - Perfect for partner publications that reach taxpayers
- Tips if you can’t pay your taxes on time
- Need more time to file your taxes? Consider an extension
- You may qualify for an online payment option – it’s fast, easy and secure
- Use IRS Withholding Calculator to adjust your withholding
- IRS Health Care Tax Tips explain tax provisions in the Affordable Care Act
- Find out if Net Investment Income Tax applies to you
- Get the tax help you need — when and how you want it
- Protecting you and your tax refund is a top priority for the IRS
- Facts about the Premium Tax Credit - Your Credit, Your Choice
- Several great reasons to e-file your federal tax return
- Use IRS Tax Map to research 2013 tax law
- Be aware of changes to itemized deductions for 2013 medical expenses
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when applying for student financial aid
- Find out if Additional Medicare Tax applies to you
- Same-sex marriages now recognized for federal tax purposes
Online for 2014
- Pub. 5136, IRS Services Guide –to electronic IRS services. Also available in Spanish
- 1040 Central – a go-to page for tax help that is available 24/7
- EITC Assistant and Versión en Español– a tool to find out eligibility for the Earned Income Tax Credit
- AMT Assistant – a tool to find out if you may need to pay Alternative Minimum Tax
- Where's My Refund? – a tool to track your refund
- IRS Free File – the IRS needs your help to spread the word about a free tax prep program for your employees, clients and customers. Free File is available only at IRS.gov/freefile
Employee and Retirement Plans
- IRA Excess Contributions
- Start a SEP Retirement Plan for 2013
- Not taking required minimum distributions for IRAs...
Audio/Video – Perfect for websites, emails, meetings and more
- IRS New Media - social media tools with the latest information on taxes, products and services.
Flyers/Brochures – Perfect for handouts, mailings and postings on boards or walls
- Early Distribution Retirement Chart - A flyer with side-by-side comparison of exceptions to the additional tax on early distributions from qualified retirement plans and IRAs.
- Required Minimum Distributions for IRA Beneficiaries – A flyer that shows when you must take money out of an inherited IRA.
Other Resources – Other links you may like