Understanding Your CP60 Notice
We removed a payment erroneously applied to your account.
What you need to do
- Review your notice as it provides the date and amount of the payment we removed.
- Pay the amount you owe by the date stated on the notice.
- If you can't pay the amount in full, pay as much as you can now and make payment arrangements for the remainder. Learn more about payment options such as installment payment plans or call us at 1-800-829-8374.
You may want to...
- Review the notice and compare our changes with your records.
- Complete and send us a Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative to authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact us on your behalf.
Answers to Common Questions
Why did I receive this notice?
You received this notice because a payment was applied to your account in error.
What should I do if I believe the payment was incorrectly removed?
Mail us a copy of the proof of payment to the address on the notice.
Tips for next year
Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions that you may qualify for. In many cases you can file for free. Learn more about e-file.