Understanding Your CP62 Notice
We applied a payment to your account.
What you need to do
- Review your notice as it provides the date and amount of the payment we applied.
- If your notice shows we owe you a refund, you do not need to respond. If you have not already received the refund, you should receive it within 2-3 weeks.
- If your notice shows an amount due:
- Pay the amount you owe by the date stated on the notice.
- If you can't pay the amount in full, pay as much as you can now and make payment arrangements for the remainder. Learn more about payment options such as installment payment plans or call us at 1-800-829-8374.
You may want to...
- Review the notice and compare our changes with your records.
- Complete and send us a Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative to authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact us on your behalf.
Answers to Common Questions
Why did I receive this notice?
You received this notice because we applied a payment to your account.
What should I do if I the wrong payment was applied?
Send us correspondence with the correct actions needed to the address on the notice or call us at the number listed on the notice.
Tips for next year
Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions that you may qualify for. In many cases you can file for free. Learn more about e-file.