Disaster Relief Resource Center for Tax Professionals
Welcome to the IRS Disaster Relief Resource Center for Tax Professionals.
As a result of recent natural disasters, many payroll and practitioner businesses and their clients have suffered significant losses. Our goal is to provide resources and assistance to members of the impacted payroll and practitioner community.
Through this resource center we address many of the questions received from tax professionals. We've included information published by the IRS, along with links to IRS partners who may offer additional assistance. Many of our partners have developed Web pages that highlight the efforts they've made to help their fellow practitioners to recover and get re-established.
Up-to-date information on recent disasters can be found at Tax Relief in Disaster Situations.
Disaster Assistance Information
- FAQs for Disaster Victims
- Disaster Assistance Self-Study - Record Reconstruction
- Order Copies or Transcripts of Tax Returns - Copies or transcripts of filed and processed tax returns can help you begin to reconstruct tax records destroyed by natural disasters.
- Bulk Requests from Practitioners for Disaster Relief - Guidance on procedures for practitioners who are located in affected areas who want to self-identify their clients for disaster relief.
- Assistance for Individuals and Businesses
IRS Partner Disaster Relief Resources
American Bar Association (ABA)
A resource center for taxpayers in disaster situations provided by the American Bar Association (ABA).
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
A central resource for a number of hurricane relief initiatives launched by the AICPA.
Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA)
A central resource for a number of initiatives launched by the ALPFA.
National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
NAEA disaster relief information.
National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP)
A listing of NATP Hurricane Disaster Tax Information.
National Society of Accountants (NSA)
Disaster relief initiatives for NSA members and their clients.
- Publication 547, Casualties, Disasters and Thefts
- Publication 584, Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook
- Publication 584B, Business Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook
- Publication 2194, Disaster Resource Guide for Individuals and Businesses
- Publication 3833, Disaster Relief: Providing Assistance through Charitable Organizations
Disaster Relief Resources
- Around the Nation - provides IRS news specific to local areas, primarily disaster relief or tax provisions that affect certain sates.
- Crop Insurance and Crop Disaster Payments - Agriculture Tax Tips - discusses crop insurance and disaster payments made because of a natural disaster.
- Disaster Area Losses - Agriculture Tax Tips - discusses the special rules for when to deduct a disaster area loss and the abatement of interest on tax underpayments.
- Disaster Assistance Self-Study and Resource Guide - information you will need to know to effectively carry out your duties as a disaster assistance representative.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) - leads the effort to prepare the nation for all hazards and effectively manage federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident.
- FEMA State Emergency Assistance - referral point for State Emergency Assistance information.