Enrolled Agent News
Annual Enrollment Renewal Application Period for Enrolled Agents
The 2015 Enrollment Renewal Application Period is open from November 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015. Per U.S. Treasury Department Circular No. 230 (Rev. 6-2014), you are required to renew your Enrolled Agent status during this time frame if your Social Security Number (SSN) ends in 7, 8, 9; or you do not have a SSN. Without renewal your current enrollment will expire on March 31, 2015.
You may submit your enrollment renewal application and payment directly online through Pay.gov.
To renew you must:
- Have a valid PTIN number.
- Complete a minimum of 16 hours Continuing Education (CE) each year of your enrollment cycle for a total 72 hours. In addition, 2 hours of ethics, or professional conduct must be completed during each enrollment year. EXCEPTION: If this is your 1st renewal, you must complete 2 hours of CE for each month of your enrollment, including 2 hours of ethics, or professional conduct each year.
- Pay the $30 non-refundable renewal fee. This fee applies regardless of your enrollment status.
Use these tips to ensure your application is processed as quickly as possible:
- Do not submit your application prior to November 1, 2014.
- Fill in the CE table in Part 1 completely.
- Sign, and date your form in Part 3.
Please allow 90 days for processing before calling 855-472-5540 to check on the status of your application.
Notice of EA Inactive/Termination Status
On June 12, 2014, the Internal Revenue Service began sending letters to enrolled agents whose enrollment status is being inactivated or terminated because of failure to renew.
Enrolled agents with social security numbers ending in 4, 5, or 6 who did not renew for the 2014 cycle will have their enrollment placed in inactive status by June 12, 2014.
Enrolled agents with social security numbers ending in 4, 5, or 6 who have not renewed since the 2008 cycle had their enrollment placed in terminated status by June 12, 2014.
All letters will be completed by July 23, 2014.
If you have questions about your enrollment status, please contact the Enrolled Agent Policy and Management mailbox (email@example.com).