IRS Nationwide Tax Forums Online
The IRS Nationwide Tax Forums Online (NTFO) provides information for tax professionals from the speakers at the IRS Nationwide Tax Forums. Each online, self-study seminar includes interactive video synchronized with PowerPoint presentation, along downloadable slides and complete transcripts.
NTFO seminars may be taken for either continuing professional education (CPE) credit or audit. NTFO is registered with the Internal Revenue Service and the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as an approved sponsor of continuing professional education for CPAs and EAs. No prerequisites are required before taking the seminars on the NTFO website.
NTFO seminars allow its users to learn at their own pace, any time of day, from any location. The seminars are broken into chapters for easier viewing. To earn credit for a seminar, create an NTFO account and purchase the seminar, answer review questions at the end of each chapter, and pass a short, multiple-choice final examination. The seminar may be viewed repeatedly; however, the final examination can only be attempted two times. After passing the final examination, the user can immediately print the certificate of completion—no waiting for CPE credit!
NTFO offers over 50 seminars from the 2009 through 2012 IRS Nationwide Tax Forums (some seminars are only available for audit).
IR-2012-74: Seminars from the 2012 Forums Now Available at IRS Nationwide Tax Forums Online
2012 NTFO Seminars
- Be An Educated Preparer On Education Credits
- Changes to the Innocent Spouse Relief Program
- Current Estate and Gift Tax Issues
- Heads Up! Keeping Current on Exempt Organizations
- Helping Your Clients Understand their Rights
- Key Circular 230 Provisions: What Every Tax Return Preparer Needs to Know
- Meeting Your EITC Due Diligence
- Overview of 2012 Income Tax Law Changes
- Overview of Circular 230 and the Office of Professional Responsibility for the Newly (or Aspiring) Registered/Enrolled Practitioner
- Real Estate Concerns for Individuals
- A Taxing Matter – Retirement
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty: Do You Know How to Navigate Appeals Examination When the Stakes are High?
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty: Do You Know How to Navigate Appeals Collection When the Stakes are High?
- Understanding Payment Card, Third Party Network Payments and Basis Reporting
- Update from the IRS Return Preparer Office (2012)
For more information, visit IRS Nationwide Tax Forums Online.