Like Share Print
Maintain Your Enrolled Retirement Plan Agent Status
- Renewal Cycle: Every 3 years based on the last digit of your social security number (renewal period is between 4/1 – 6/30 each year). If your SSN ends in:
- 0, 1, 2 or 3 – your first renewal cycle is April 1, 2013.
- 4, 5 or 6 – your first renewal cycle is April 1, 2014.
- 7, 8 or 9 – your first renewal cycle is April 1, 2015.
- Renew using Form 8554-EP, Application for Renewal of Enrollment to Practice Before the Internal Revenue Service as an Enrolled Retirement Plan Agent
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements:
- Obtain 72 hours every three years (based on your renewal cycle – view the chart)
- Obtain a minimum of 16 hours per year (2 of which must be on ethics or professional conduct)
- Use an IRS approved continuing education provider
- Retain proof of your CE credits for 4 years from the date of completion
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 03-Oct-2013