Adjusted Employer's ANNUAL Federal Tax Return or Claim for Refund
Section references are to the Internal Revenue Code unless otherwise noted.
Table of Contents
- Instructions for Form 944-X - Introductory Material
- General Instructions: Understanding Form 944-X
- What Is the Purpose of Form 944-X?
- Where Can You Get Help?
- When Should You File Form 944-X?
- Is There a Deadline for Filing Form 944-X?
- Where Should You File Form 944-X?
- How Should You Complete Form 944-X?
- Overview of the Process
- Specific Instructions:
- Part 1: Select ONLY One Process
- Part 2: Complete the Certifications
- Part 3: Enter the Corrections for the Calendar Year You Are Correcting
- What Amounts Should You Report in Part 3?
- 6. Wages, Tips, and Other Compensation
- 7. Federal Income Tax Withheld from Wages, Tips, and Other Compensation
- 8. Taxable Social Security Wages
- 9. Taxable Social Security Tips
- 10. Taxable Medicare Wages and Tips
- 11. Taxable Wages and Tips Subject to Additional Medicare Tax Withholding
- 12. Tax Adjustments
- 13–16. Special Additions to Wages for Federal Income Tax, Social Security Tax, Medicare Tax, and Additional Medicare Tax
- 17. Subtotal
- 18a.Claiming or Correcting the COBRA Premium Assistance Credit
- 18b.Number of Individuals Provided COBRA Premium Assistance on Line 18a
- 19. Total
- Part 4: Explain Your Corrections for the Calendar Year You Are Correcting
- Part 5: Sign Here
- How Can You Order Forms, Instructions, and Publications from the IRS?
- Additional Information
- Instructions for Form 944-X - Notices
|More Online Instructions|