Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income
File this form for each person to whom you have paid during the year:
- at least $10 in royalties or broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest;
- at least $600 in rents, services (including parts and materials), prizes and awards, other income payments, medical and health care payments, crop insurance proceeds, cash payments for fish (or other aquatic life) you purchase from anyone engaged in the trade or business of catching fish, or, generally, the cash paid from a notional principal contract to an individual, partnership, or estate;
- any fishing boat proceeds,
- gross proceeds of $600, or more paid to an attorney during the year, or
- withheld any federal income tax under the backup withholding rules regardless of the amount of the payment.
Also, use this form to report that you made direct sales of at least $5,000 of consumer products to a buyer for resale anywhere other than a permanent retail establishment.
General Instructions for Certain Information Returns (Forms 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, 5498, and W-2G)
Other Items You May Find Useful
Comment on Form 1099-MISC
Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.
CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions page.