IRS Logo
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Publication 517, Social Security and Other Information for Members of the Clergy and Religious Workers

This publication covers the collection of social security and Medicare taxes from members of the clergy and religious workers, including how members of the clergy can apply for exemption from self-employment tax.

Current Products

Publication 517 (HTML)

Recent Developments


Other Items You May Find Useful:

All Revisions for Publication 517

Other Current Products

Comment on Publication 517

Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.

CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please visit Tax Law Questions or call our toll-free number at 1-800-829-1040 (Individuals) or 1-800-829-4933 (Business).

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 09-Nov-2013