Filing and paying your taxes should be as convenient as possible. That's why the IRS provides you with many helpful tools, including the following featured interactive forms, calculators and tools.
Prepare and file your federal income taxes online—it's easy and it's free!
|IRS Withholding Calculator
Estimate the amount that should be withheld from your paycheck for federal income tax purposes.
|Get Transcript for My Tax Records
View your transcript online and print immediately.
|Electronic Filing PIN Request
Get your Electronic Filing PIN, a one-time code used to verify your identity when you submit your tax return electronically.
|Where's My Refund?
Check the status of your refund online within 24 hours after we have received your e-filed return or 4 weeks after you mail a paper return
|Online Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Get your EIN within minutes without picking up the phone or mailing/faxing a paper Form SS-4.
|Where's My Amended Return?
Track the status of your amended return after it has been filed.
|Direct Pay (for individuals)
Pay from your bank account within a free, secure session.
|Directory of Tax Return Preparers
Find preparers in your area who hold professional credentials recognized by the IRS.
|IRS2Go Mobile App
Use the IRS's official smartphone app to check your refund status, sign up for helpful tax tips and more.
|Online Payment Agreement
Determine if you're eligible and apply for an online payment agreement if you have a tax liability you can't completely pay today.
|Electronic Federal Tax Payment System
Pay your federal taxes on-line or by phone through EFTPS, a free tax payment system.
|e-Services for Tax Professionals
Register as an approved IRS business partner (e.g., e-filing tax professionals) and conduct business electronically with the IRS.
|FATCA FFI List Search and Download Tool
The FFI List Search and Download Tool is now available. Use the Search and Download Tool to find out if a Foreign Financial Institution (FFI) has registered with FATCA. Download an entire list of Financial Institutions or search for a specific Financial Institution.
Other Helpful Tools
In addition to the tools featured above, IRS provides you with the following:
- Authorized e-file Provider (for Individuals) - Find an Authorized e-file Provider in your area who can electronically file your tax return.
- Free Tax Return Preparation for You by Volunteers - Find free tax help for people who generally make $50,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
- Taxpayer Assistance Center Locator - Find a walk-in Taxpayer Assistance Center if you think your personal tax question can't be handled by phone.
- First Time Homebuyer Credit Account Look-up - Did you receive the First Time Homebuyer Credit? You can now check the status of your FTHBC online 24/7 for information on your repayments and account balance.
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) Assistant - Determine whether you may be subject to AMT.
- Sales Tax Deduction Calculator - Determine the amount of optional state and local sales tax you can claim on Schedule A of Form 1040.
- Exempt Organizations Select Check - Search for a charity, check a non-profit's tax-exempt status or verify how much of your contribution to a 501(c)(3) organization is tax deductible.
- Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA) - Explore a new tax law resource that takes you through a series of questions and provides you with responses to tax law questions.
- Tax Trails - Get answers to many common tax questions.
- e-News Subscriptions - Sign up for one or more of our subscription services that provide you with tax related news.
- Offer in Compromise Pre-Qualifier Tool - Determine whether you are eligible to apply for an Offer in Compromise and what an acceptable offer amount might be.