Filing and paying your taxes should be as convenient as possible. That's why the IRS provides you with many helpful tools, including the following featured interactive forms, calculators and tools:
Prepare and file your federal income taxes online—it's easy and it's free!
|IRS Withholding Calculator
Estimate the amount that should be withheld from your paycheck for federal income tax purposes.
|Get Transcript for My Tax Records
View your transcript online and print immediately.
|Electronic Filing PIN Request
Get your Electronic Filing PIN, a one-time code used to verify your identity when you submit your tax return electronically.
|Where's My Refund?
Check the status of your refund online within 24 hours after we have received your e-filed return or 4 weeks after you mail a paper return
|Online Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Get your EIN within minutes without picking up the phone or mailing/faxing a paper Form SS-4.
|Where's My Amended Return?
Track the status of your amended return after it has been filed.
|Direct Pay (for individuals)
Pay from your bank account within a free, secure session.
|Online Payment Agreement
Determine if you're eligible and apply for an online payment agreement if you have a tax liability you can't completely pay today.
|Electronic Federal Tax Payment System
Pay your federal taxes on-line or by phone through EFTPS, a free tax payment system.
|e-Services for Tax Professionals
Register as an approved IRS business partner (e.g., e-filing tax professionals) and conduct business electronically with the IRS.
|FATCA FFI List Search and Download Tool
The FFI List Search and Download Tool is now available. Use the Search and Download Tool to find out if a Foreign Financial Institution (FFI) has registered with FATCA. Download an entire list of Financial Institutions or search for a specific Financial Institution.
Other Helpful Tools
In addition to the tools featured above, IRS provides you with the following:
- Authorized e-file Provider (for Individuals) - Find an Authorized e-file Provider in your area who can electronically file your tax return.
- Free Tax Return Preparation for You by Volunteers - Find free tax help for people who generally make $50,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
- Taxpayer Assistance Center Locator - Find a walk-in Taxpayer Assistance Center if you think your personal tax question can't be handled by phone.
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Assistant - Determine whether you are eligible for the EITC and estimate the amount of the credit. Spanish version available.
- First Time Homebuyer Credit Account Look-up - Did you receive the First Time Homebuyer Credit? You can now check the status of your FTHBC online 24/7 for information on your repayments and account balance.
- Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) Assistant - Determine whether you may be subject to AMT.
- Sales Tax Deduction Calculator - Determine the amount of optional state and local sales tax you can claim on Schedule A of Form 1040.
- Exempt Organizations Select Check - Search for a charity, check a non-profit's tax-exempt status or verify how much of your contribution to a 501(c)(3) organization is tax deductible.
- Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA) - Explore a new tax law resource that takes you through a series of questions and provides you with responses to tax law questions.
- Tax Trails - Get answers to many common tax questions.
- Subscription Services (IRS E-mail Services) - Sign up for one or more of our subscription services that provide you with tax related news.
- Offer in Compromise Pre-Qualifier Tool - Determine whether you are eligible to apply for an Offer in Compromise and what an acceptable offer amount might be.