Understanding Your CP283C Notice
We charged you a penalty for filing a late or incomplete Form 8955-SSA, Annual Registration Statement Identifying Separated Participants with Deferred Vested Benefits.
What you need to do
- If you agree, send the amount due by the date on your notice to avoid interest charges.
- If you disagree, contact us by mail or call 1-877-829-5500.
You may want to
- Review this notice with your tax preparer.
- Call us for assistance at the toll-free telephone number listed at the top right corner of your notice.
Answers to Common Questions
When is my Form 8955-SSA due?
Form 8955-SSA is due the last day of the seventh month following the end of your plan year.
Can I have the penalty removed or reduced?
We can consider reducing or removing the penalty under certain circumstances. Send a signed statement to the address shown at the top of the notice that includes the following:
- The penalty you would like us to reconsider
- The reason you believe we should reconsider it
- Your name and title
Understanding your notice
Your notice may look different from the sample because the information contained in your notice is tailored to your situation.
Notice CP283C, Page 1
Notice CP283C, Page 2
Notice CP283C, Page 3