Understanding your CP231 notice


Your refund or credit payment was returned to us and we need you to update your current address.

What you need to do

You can either call us or complete and send in the new contact information section at the bottom of the notice we sent you.

If you call us at the toll-free number listed on the notice, please be ready to provide the following information:

  • Employer ID number for the Tax Form you filed
  • Title of the person authorized to sign for the company, corporation, business, etc.)
  • Current address
  • Telephone number
  • Best time for us to call

If you complete and send in the new contact information section please:

  • Have the authorized individual sign the information section and print his/her name and the official title.
  • Print the current address, city, state, Country, and Zip code.
  • Fill in a primary and secondary phone number and the best time for us to call.
  • Use the envelope provided.

We will request that your check or credit payment be reissued. Be sure that our address shows through the envelope window.

Frequently asked questions

Once I send in my information, how soon will I get my refund or credit payment?

You should receive this within 3 - 4 weeks.

Нужна помощь?