In preparation for the upcoming certification deadlines, QI/WP/WT entities should verify that their account login credentials are up to date. Review our FAQs (QI/WP/WT System Self-Help) if login assistance is needed. For additional information, please refer to the Due Date for Selection of Certification Periodic Review Year on QI/WP/WT Application and Account Management System.
The QI, WP, WT Application and Account Management System
The Qualified Intermediary (QI), Withholding Foreign Partnership (WP), and Withholding Foreign Trust (WT) Application and Account Management System allows entities to apply, renew, or terminate their status as a QI, WP, or WT.
- QI Agreement
- WP/WT Agreement
- List of approved know-your-customer rules
- Withholding facts and information
- FATCA QI/WP/WT related FAQs
- Subscribe to the QI News
- Make deposits electronically
- File Form 1042-S electronically
- Questions regarding electronic filing
- Form Bank – withholding related forms
Avoid These Common Errors
- Before using the QI, WP, WT Application and Account Management System ("QI System"), read this quick start guide: Gather Required Information.
- QIs claiming withholding credits on a Form 1042 – be sure to attach copies of Forms 1042-S issued by the custodian to your firm to ensure credit for the tax withheld upstream and to avoid service center notices.
- QIs claiming a collective refund – be sure to follow all of the required steps in section 9.04 of Revenue Procedure 2017-15 to ensure proper handling of your claim.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox