About Form W-8 EXP, Certificate of Foreign Government or Other Foreign Organization for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting


If you receive certain types of income, you must provide Form W-8 EXP to:

  • Establish that you are not a U.S. person.
  • Claim that you are the beneficial owner of the income for which Form W-8 EXP is given.
  • Claim a reduced rate of, or exemption from, withholding as a foreign government, international organization, foreign central bank of issue, foreign tax-exempt organization, foreign private foundation, or government of a U.S. territory.

Current Revision

Recent Developments

None at this time.

Other Items You May Find Useful