Updating paper PTIN account information


PTIN holders without an online account should request changes to account information by sending a written request.

The request must be signed and include the requestor’s:

  • Name
  • PTIN
  • Date of birth
  • Social security number
  • Clear statement of action requested
  • Updated account information
  • Note: To change your name, you must include a notarized or certified copy of a document to support the name change (social security card, marriage certificate, divorce decree, government issued photo ID, or certificate of citizenship or naturalization).

Send requests to:

IRS Tax Pro PTIN Processing Center
PO Box 380638
San Antonio, TX 78268

Allow 6 weeks for a reply.

Return to PTIN/FOIA Home