Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Updating paper PTIN account information

PTIN holders without an online account should request changes to account information by sending a written request.

The request must be signed and include the requestor’s:

  • Name
  • PTIN
  • Date of birth
  • Social security number
  • Updated account information
  • Note: To change your name, you must include a notarized copy of a document to support the name change (social security card, marriage certificate, divorce decree, government issued photo ID, or certificate of citizenship or naturalization).

Send requests to:

IRS Tax Professional PTIN Processing Center
104 Brookeridge Drive #5000
Waterloo, IA 50702

Allow 4-6 weeks for a reply.

Return to PTIN/FOIA Home