- NTA releases mid-year report to Congress
To maintain high voluntary compliance we should make tax administration as simple and painless as possible
- The National Taxpayer Advocate Preface
IRS should emphasize taxpayer service and taxpayer rights in its approach to tax administration.
- The NTA identifies issues for next fiscal year
The NTA focus is private debt collection, US passport revocations & denials, EITC and more.
- Watch for summertime scams
Review the telltale signs of some current schemes.
- Tax Scams/Consumer Alerts
Check the most recent IRS alerts on tax scams.
- Taxes. Security. Together. We all have a role to play in protecting your data.
The IRS, the states and the tax industry work together to protect your tax accounts.
- Now accepting ITIN renewals
ITINs not used in three years and those with middle digits 70, 71, 72 or 80 will expire.
- Se aceptan ya renovaciones de ITIN
Los ITIN sin uso en tres años y aquellos con 70, 71, 72 y 80 en medio están por expirar.
- ITIN renewal
How and when to renew your ITIN and how to get help.
- Tax information for student financial aid applications
The IRS DRT will return to the FAFSA online form in October. If you didn't keep a copy of your return, here are some options.
- Statement: IRS Data Retrieval Tool
Now available for income-driven repayment plan applications with new encryption protections.
- Order a Tax Return Transcript
Request a transcript or copy of a prior year tax return.
- EO Select Check
You can check information about the federal tax status and filings of an exempt organization.
- Annual reporting & filing
Charities and other non-profits can find 990-series forms, requirements and filing tips.
- Charities and non-profits
Tax information for charities and other non-profits.