- Missed the Tax Return Deadline?
Advice for taxpayers who missed the filing deadline.
- Tips to Keep in Mind When Amending Your Tax Return
Fix mistakes or omissions on your return.
- Use ‘Where’s My Refund?’ to check your refund status
Most refunds are issued in 21 days or less, some take longer.
- Tax information for student financial aid applications
The IRS DRT is currently unavailable. If you didn't keep a copy of your return, here are some options.
- Statement: IRS Data Retrieval Tool
IRS and Department of Education offer statement about the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Order a Tax Return Transcript
Request a transcript or copy of a prior year tax return.
- Is it really the IRS calling?
Understand how and when the IRS contacts taxpayers and determine if it’s truly the IRS.
- Private Debt Collection
Even with private debt collection, you shouldn’t receive unexpected calls. IRS mails several notices before calling.
- View your account balance
Check your account balance. If nothing is due, you typically wouldn’t be contacted by IRS or a private firm.
- IRS alerts LEP taxpayers of scams
Caution before paying unexpected tax bills.
- Tax Scams/Consumer Alerts
Check the most up to date IRS information on tax scams. Stay alert for these common schemes.
- Taxes. Security. Together. We all have a role to play in protecting your data.
The IRS, the states and the tax industry work together to protect your tax accounts.