- Beware of back-to-school tax scams
Telephone scammers impersonating the IRS are targeting students during the back-to-school season.
- Consumer Alert: Recent phishing schemes
The IRS has seen a 400 percent surge in phishing and malware incidents so far this tax season.
- ALERT: Tax pros targeted in new scam
Scam emails containing bogus links pretend to be from tax software providers.
- For charities & other non-profits
This resource page has tax, educational and other information for exempt organizations.
- EO Select Check
Use this online tool to search for and check a tax-exempt organization’s status.
- Annual reporting & filing
Charities and other non-profits can find 990-series forms, requirements and filing tips.
- ITIN renewal for some taxpayers starts October
IRS and partners are working to help taxpayers comply with new law and to minimize burden.
- Renovaciones de ITIN comenzarán en octubre
IRS y socios colaboran para ayudar a con nueva ley que trae cambios al ITIN.
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
The IRS offers information on how and when to get or renew your ITIN and how to get help.
- Summit accomplishments and initiatives
The IRS, states and tax industry highlight their efforts in combatting ID theft and tax fraud.
- Tax pros: Protect your clients; protect yourself
Use our fact sheets and tips to protect your clients and your business against tax scams and fraud.
- Tax pros: Monitor your PTIN account
Tax pros can spot ID theft by monitoring returns via the IRS’s “Returns Filed Per PTIN” tool.
- It’s Time for a PTC Checkup
Report life changes to your Marketplace to get the correct amount of advance payments of the PTC.
- AIR system still available
The ACA Information Returns (AIR) system remains up and running.
- Webinar on Correcting ACA Information Returns
Employers, this IRS video will help you identify and correct errors.