Where's My Refund? - It's Quick, Easy and Secure.
What you need to check the status of your refund:
Where's My Refund? is updated no more than once every 24 hours, usually overnight.
*The IRS has begun to release taxpayer refunds for those claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit. However, these refunds likely won’t start to arrive in bank accounts or on debit cards until the week of February 27.
When to check status of your refund:
- Within 24 hours after we've received your e-filed tax return; or
- 4 weeks after mailing your paper return.
When the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund, you can see your actual personalized refund date. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days after we receive your tax return, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer.
You should only call if it has been:
- 21 days or more since you filed electronically;
- More than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return; or
- The Where’s My Refund? tool directs you to contact us.