Free File is Closed

Free File is closed for the season. Check back in January to file your 2019 tax return.

Welcome to Free File, where you can prepare and file your federal individual income tax return for free using tax-preparation-and-filing software.

Let Free File do the hard work for you with brand-name software or Free File Fillable Forms.

Choose a Free File option based on your income:

     Income below $69,000
     Free File Software

  • File your taxes with free, easy to use software
  • Free state return options are available


   Income above $69,000
   Free File Fillable Forms

  • Must know how to do your taxes yourself
  • Does math; offers only basic guidance
  • You must have your 2018 tax return
  • State tax prep is not available

Start Fillable Forms Now