Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Where to File Tax Returns - Addresses Listed by Return Type

In order to determine where to file your return, identify the form number for which you need the information and follow the numerical or alpha-numerical links below to your specific Where to File information.

Examples for returns beginning with a number:

To find Form 3520, Annual Return to Report Transactions With Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts, choose the number 3; for Form 706, United States Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Tax Return, choose the number 7.

Find forms that begin with Numbers: 1,   2,   3,   4,   5,   7,   8,  9

Example for a return beginning with an alpha character:

To find Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number, choose the alpha S.

Find forms that begin with Alphas: C,   S,   W

Note: Some addresses may not match a particular instruction booklet or publication. This is due to changes being made after the publication was printed. This site will reflect the most current Where to File Addresses for use during Calendar Year 2017.

Other Resources

Where to File Addresses for Tax Returns by State
Addresses by state for Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040ES, 1040V, amended returns, and extensions (also addresses for taxpayers in foreign countries, U.S. possessions, or with other international filing characteristics)

Certain Forms,  Payments and Applications
This page provides a quick guide for where to send certain forms, applications, and payments other than tax returns.

Certain Elections, Statements,  and Other Documents
This page provides up-to-date information on filing addresses for certain elections, statements, returns and other documents.