Copies of EO Returns Available


Some forms are viewable on You can also obtain the documents by contacting the organization directly.

Viewing forms on for returns filed in years 2017 through present

You are able to view exempt organization forms free of charge on the IRS website.

You can search for individual Form 990-series returns filed since January 2018 on Tax Exempt Organization Search. This includes Forms 990, 990-EZ, 990-PF and 990-N (e-Postcard). Forms 990-T filed by 501(c)(3) organizations are also available.

You may also download bulk data from Tax Exempt Organization Search. This includes:

  • Organizations eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions (Pub 78 data)
  • Organizations whose federal tax exemption was automatically revoked for not filing a Form 990-series annual return or notice for three consecutive tax years
  • Organizations filing Form 990-N (e-Postcard)
  • Form 990-series returns filed 2017 through present

Returns filed by political organizations include:

  • Forms 990/990-EZ for section 527 (political) organizations,
  • Form 8871, Political Organization Report of Contributions and Expenditures, and
  • Form 8872, Political Organization Notice of Section 527 Status.

How to order paper copies

  1. Before you complete a Form 4506-A, please check Tax Exempt Organization Search (TEOS) at for the form you are requesting. If return is not available submit a Form 4506-A PDF.
  2. Complete Form 4506-A, Request for Public Inspection or Copy of Exempt Organization PDF IRS Form (See instructions PDF)
    • All requests must be submitted in writing on Form 4506-A
      (or letterhead for requests from members of the media)
    • File only one Form 4506-A per EIN requested
    • Incomplete request forms will be rejected
  1. Mail or fax your completed Form 4506-A to the appropriate IRS office (see "where to file" in the instructions PDF). The mailing address depends on the type of request.

Requests for copies of exempt organization returns are not accepted by telephone or email.

You may be billed for photocopying costs. See the Form 4506-A instructions for details.

Information to include on your request for paper copies

Your request must contain the following information:

  • Name of the organization that filed the return
  • EIN of the organization
  • Type of return you’re requesting
  • Years you’re requesting
  • Name of the requester, including a contact person
  • Mailing address
  • Telephone number and extension
  • UPS account number (for overnight delivery, if requested)

Additional information