Employee Plans Customer Account Services


Our website offers many answers to basic questions. See:

Call or Write:

(877) 829-5500 (toll-free number)

Internal Revenue Service
Attn: EP Customer Service Manager
P.O. Box 2508
Cincinnati, OH 45201

Our Customer Account Services group can help with:

  • Account-specific questions
  • Basic information about EP forms (Forms 5300, 5330, 5307, 5310, 5500-EZ, 8955-SSA)
  • Status of pending applications
  • We regret that we cannot answer technical or legal questions regarding retirement plans.

Email: tege.outreach@irs.gov

We welcome your comments about our programs and our website, but we regret that we cannot respond to your email.

Resources for other issues:
Form 5500, 5500-SF - filed through EFAST 2 (866) 463-3278
EFAST2 Filing - Welcome

Requests for:

  • copies of EP Determination Letters or case files, or
  • a corrected Determination Letter
See How to request a copy of or a corrected letter
Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS)
VCP submission status questions only
(626) 927-2011
You will need to provide the submission's nine-digit control number, beginning with “911” stamped on the submission acknowledgment letter, or, if an acknowledgment letter has not been received, the sponsor’s EIN and the plan number.

Publication 590-A, Contributions to Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)

Publication 590-B, Distributions from Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)

Publication 3125PDF, An Important Message For Taxpayers With IRAs - IRS does not approve IRA investments

Taxability of distributions

Publication 575, Pension and Annuity Income

Is My Pension or Annuity Payment Taxable?

401(a) governmental plans and 403(b) plans for state & local governments and tax-exempt organizations IRS Office of Chief Counsel - TEGE
(202) 317-4148
457 plans for state & local governments and tax-exempt organizations IRS Office of Chief Counsel - Executive Compensation
(202) 317-5600