Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Employee Plans Customer Account Services

Our website offers many answers to basic questions. See:

Call or Write:

(877) 829-5500 (toll-free number)

Internal Revenue Service
Attn: EP Customer Service Manager
P.O. Box 2508
Cincinnati, OH 45201

Our Customer Account Services group can help with:

  • Account-specific questions
  • Basic information about EP forms (Forms 5300, 5330, 5307, 5310, 5500-EZ, 8955-SSA)
  • Status of pending applications
  • We regret that we cannot answer technical or legal questions regarding retirement plans.


We welcome your comments about our programs and our website, but we regret that we cannot respond to your email.

Resources for other issues:
Form 5500, 5500-SF - filed through EFAST 2 (866) 463-3278
EFAST2 Filing - Welcome

Requests for:

  • copies of EP Determination Letters or case files, or
  • a corrected Determination Letter
See How to request a copy of or a corrected letter
Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS)
VCP submission status questions only
(626) 927-2011
You will need to provide the submission's nine-digit control number, beginning with “911” stamped on the submission acknowledgment letter, or, if an acknowledgment letter has not been received, the sponsor’s EIN and the plan number.

Publication 590-A, Contributions to Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)


Publication 590-B, Distributions from Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)


Publication 3125, An Important Message For Taxpayers With IRAs - IRS does not approve IRA investments

Taxability of distributions

Publication 575, Pension and Annuity Income


Is My Pension or Annuity Payment Taxable?

401(a) governmental plans and 403(b) plans for state & local governments and tax-exempt organizations IRS Office of Chief Counsel - TEGE
(202) 317-4148
457 plans for state & local governments and tax-exempt organizations IRS Office of Chief Counsel - Executive Compensation
(202) 317-5600