Employee Plans Customer Account Services
Our website offers many answers to basic questions. See:
- Retirement Plans FAQs
- Types of Plans - rules for 401(k)s, SIMPLE IRAs, SARSEPs, SEPs, 403(b) plans and more
- Check the status of your determination, opinion or advisory letter application
- How to request a copy of or a corrected letter
Call or Write:
(877) 829-5500 (toll-free number)
Internal Revenue Service
Attn: EP Customer Service Manager
P.O. Box 2508
Cincinnati, OH 45201
Our Customer Account Services group can help with:
- Account-specific questions
- Basic information about EP forms (Forms 5300, 5330, 5307, 5310, 5500-EZ, 8955-SSA)
- Status of pending applications
- We regret that we cannot answer technical or legal questions regarding retirement plans.
We welcome your comments about our programs and our website, but we regret that we cannot respond to your email.
|Resources for other issues:|
|Form 5500, 5500-SF - filed through EFAST 2||(866) 463-3278
EFAST2 Filing - Welcome
|See How to request a copy of or a corrected letter|
|Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS)
VCP submission status questions only
You will need to provide the submission's nine-digit control number, beginning with “911” stamped on the submission acknowledgment letter, or, if an acknowledgment letter has not been received, the sponsor’s EIN and the plan number.
Publication 590-A, Contributions to Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
Publication 590-B, Distributions from Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
Publication 3125, An Important Message For Taxpayers With IRAs - IRS does not approve IRA investments
|Taxability of distributions||
Publication 575, Pension and Annuity Income
|401(a) governmental plans and 403(b) plans for state & local governments and tax-exempt organizations||IRS Office of Chief Counsel - TEGE
|457 plans for state & local governments and tax-exempt organizations||IRS Office of Chief Counsel - Executive Compensation
For more assistance, here’s how to get help.