What if my income declines?


Updated November 5, 2014 — Please note that 1040 Central has been replaced by the Filing page.

There are many tax credits that are subject to income limitations. If you had a reduction in income this year you may be eligible for some credits or deductions. For example, the Earned Income Tax Credit is available for working families and individuals. Eligibility is determined by income and family size. You must file an income tax return in order to claim EITC. See 1040 Central for more information on EITC, other tax credits and tax law changes.

Return to What If?