Make an Appointment
Taxpayer Assistance Centers operate by appointment.
When you arrive, wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from others. Reschedule your appointment if you feel ill.
To visit your local Taxpayer Assistance Center, you must:
- Find the office you need to visit
- Make an appointment by calling the appointment number for that office
Enter Your 5-Digit ZIP Code
Taxpayer Assistance Centers are closed on federal holidays.
Prepare for Your Appointment
- Schedule your appointment ahead of time.
- Bring the following items with you:
- A current government-issued photo ID.
- A taxpayer identification number, such as a Social Security number.
- Any other documentation you need for your appointment.
- If you are applying for or renewing your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), see How Do I Renew My ITIN and have your documents ready.
- Use our COVID-19 Screening Tool to protect yourself and our employees. If you are feeling ill, please reschedule your appointment.
- Wear a mask.
- Stay 6 feet away from others.
Get Faster Service
You can get help with most tax issues online or by phone. On IRS.gov you can: