What this letter is about
We couldn’t process your Form 7200, Advance Payment of Employer Credits Due to COVID-19, due to missing or incorrect information, or we corrected a computation error on your Form 7200 and changed the amount of your advance payment.
What you need to do
Read your letter carefully. We listed the reason for the rejection or adjustment to the payment amount on the letter.
You may want to
- Follow the directions on your letter for how you may be able to either submit a new Form 7200 or claim a credit on your applicable employment tax return.
- Review the instructions for Form 7200.
Frequently asked questions
For a list of questions and answers about tax credits related to COVID-19, refer to:
- COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses FAQs
- FAQs: Employee Retention Credit under the CARES Act
- DOL Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- Find more information about Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments.
- Find more information about the Credit for Sick and Family Leave and the Employee Retention Credit.