About Form 1128, Application to Adopt, Change or Retain a Tax Year


File Form 1128 to request a change in tax year. Partnerships, S corporations, personal service corporations (PSCs), or trusts may be required to file the form to adopt or retain a certain tax year.

Current Revision

Recent Developments

Other Items You May Find Useful

All Form 1128 Revisions

About Form 2553, Election by a Small Business Corporation

About Form 5308, Request for Change in Plan/Trust Year

About Form 8716, Election To Have a Tax Year Other Than a Required Tax Year

About Publication 542, Corporations

Revenue Procedure 2006-45

Other Current Products