Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents
Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate


Request for Transcript of Tax Returns
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Installment Agreement Request
Wage and Tax Statement

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS
Breadcrumb Region

About Form 1041, U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts


The fiduciary of a domestic decedent's estate, trust, or bankruptcy estate files this form to report:

  • the income, deductions, gains, losses, etc. of the estate or trust,
  • the income that is either accumulated or held for future distribution or distributed currently to the beneficiaries,
  • any income tax liability of the estate or trust, and
  • employment taxes on wages paid to household employees.

Current Products

Recent Developments

Other Items You May Find Useful

All Form 1041 Revisions

Publication 15 (Circular E), Employer's Tax Guide

Publication 51 (Circular A), Agricultural Employer's Tax Guide

Publication 505, Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax

Publication 559, Survivors, Executors, and Administrators

Additional Publications You May Find Useful

Other Current Products

Comment on Form 1041

Use the Comment on Tax Forms and Publications  web form to provide feedback on the content of this product. Although we cannot respond individually to each comment, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider all comments submitted.

CAUTION: We cannot respond to tax-related questions submitted using this page. Instead, please see our Tax Law Questions page.