Understanding your CP21C notice

What this notice is about

We made the changes you requested to your tax return for the tax year on the notice. You're not due a refund nor do you owe any additional amount. Your account balance for this tax form and tax year is zero.

What you need to do

  • Read your notice carefully to see what we changed.
  • Contact us if you disagree with changes we made.
  • Correct the copy of your tax return that you kept for your records.

Frequently asked questions

I don't remember sending a request to IRS to change my return. How can I find out what IRS received to initiate this change?

Call us at the number listed on the top right corner of your notice.

What if I need to make another correction to my account?

You'll need to file Form 1040-X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

What if I haven’t gotten answers after contacting IRS several times?

Call the Taxpayer Advocate at 877-777-4778 or for TTY/TDD 800-829-4059.

What if I think I’m a victim of identity theft?

Call us at the number listed on the top right corner of your notice. Refer to the IRS identity theft resources for more information.

Tips for next year

Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions that you may qualify for. In many cases you can file for free. Learn more about e-file.

도움이 필요합니까?