Why You May Need More Assistance
The Free File Fillable Forms program refers taxpayers to the IRS form instructions and publications for completing a tax return; however, Free File Fillable Forms does not always allow what the paper instructions say to do. This may cause you to believe a form is not functioning properly when it actually is.
This causes many general questions about:
- Where to enter information on the form
- How to enter information on the form
- Why you can't enter certain information
Where to Get More Assistance
Since you did not find your form on the prior Line-by-Line Instructions page, you should search for your issue from one of the links below.
Forms and Limitations provides information about
- Forms you can use
- Finding the supported form you need
- Why the form won’t let you do certain things
- Issues that may prohibit you from e-filing your return
The User's Guide provides information about
- Entering Negative Numbers
- Entering a Foreign Addresses
- The Worksheets don’t work
- Isn’t this line supposed to calculate
- Transferring information to another form or line
- What’s with all the PIN’s
- Why can’t I attach a statement
- Writing in additional information
- Attaching forms
- And much more
Go to the User's Guide and search it for your key words by pressing the Ctrl+F keys simultaneously.
If you searched our pages and could not find a solution, you may Contact Us.