This page provides tax information for current and former military personnel serving in the United States armed forces, uniform services, and under limited circumstances, support organizations.

Current Military Personnel
  Combat Zone Service



Former Military Personnel     Disabled Veterans



Free Filing Options

Free help from volunteers (VITA)
Most military installations offer free income tax assistance; contact your legal office for more information.

IRS Free File program
File your own taxes for free.

Need to Pay?

See your payment options.

Tax Scams

Protect yourself from online, phone and other schemes trying to steal your personal information and money.

Avoid Tax Scams

New Tax Law

Learn how  tax law changes may affect your return. See Publication 5307, Tax Reform Basics for Individuals and Families (PDF).