Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

Eligibility for Military Tax Benefits

You must be serving or have served in one of the following organizations to be eligible for military tax benefits. For specific information on benefits, go to the Military home page.

United States Armed Forces

If you are an active duty or reserve member of an armed force listed below, you may be eligible for military tax benefits. Recently retired or separated members may also be eligible for benefits.

  • United States Army (including Army Reserve and Army National Guard)
  • United States Navy (including Navy Reserve)
  • United States Air Force (including Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard)
  • United States Marine Corps (including Marine Corps Reserve)
  • United States Coast Guard (including Coast Guard Reserve)

Uniformed Services of the United States

If you are a member of either organization solely categorized as a uniformed service, you are eligible for the same benefits as the armed forces.

  • United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
  • National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps

Note. The United States has seven uniformed services, including the five armed forces and two organizations listed above.

Support Organizations

If you are a member of an organization directly supporting military operations and working in a combat zone, you may be eligible for a tax extension.

  • Civilian Employees
  • Contractors
  • Red Cross Members

News Media

If you are an accredited news correspondent or team member working in a combat zone, you may be eligible for a tax extension.