Tax Deadline Changed
The deadlines to FILE and PAY federal income taxes are extended to July 15, 2020.
IRS is offering coronavirus relief to taxpayers.
Read about tax situations that apply specifically to senior citizens and retirees.
Determine if Your Retirement Income is Taxable
Social Security and Railroad Retirement Benefits
- Determine if these benefits are taxable
- Review the tax rules
- Request your Social Security benefit statement
Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs)
- Get answers about distributions and withdrawals
- Learn the rules for pensions and annuity withholding
- Review our tax guidance
- Find out if net investment income tax applies to you
Get Ready to File
File Your Taxes
- Prepare and electronically file your taxes for free using the IRS Free File program
- Use Form 1040-SR, U.S. Tax Return for Seniors (PDF), optional for seniors, if you want to file a paper return
- See if you qualify for free tax return preparation by volunteers
Credits and Deductions
- Determine your standard deduction
- Apply for the Health Coverage Tax Credit
- See if you qualify for the elderly or disabled tax credit