Revenue Procedure 2016-51 encourages you to use model documents to help you complete the Voluntary Correction Program (VCP) submission process.
Model VCP submission documents
Use IRS forms from the Form 14568 series to streamline your Voluntary Correction Program submission. You may not modify the format and content of these forms.
Form 14568, Model VCP Compliance Statement
The model VCP compliance statement helps ensure you include all necessary information in your VCP submission.
- Form 14568, Model VCP Compliance Statement
- Don’t forget to include any required narrative attachments
Schedules (Forms 14568-A through 14568-I)
You can use one or more of these schedules with Form 14568 to resolve certain qualification failures. If you aren't using Form 14568, you may still use these schedules.
- Form 14568-A, Schedule 1 - Interim Nonamender Failures
- Form 14568-B, Schedule 2 - Other Nonamender Failures and Failure to Adopt a 403(b) Plan Timely
- Form 14568-C, Schedule 3 - SEPs and SARSEPs
- Form 14568-D, Schedule 4 - SIMPLE IRAs
- Form 14568-E, Schedule 5 - Plan Loan Failures (Qualified Plans and 403(b) Plans)
- Form 14568-F, Schedule 6 - Employer Eligibility Failure (401(k) and 403(b) Plans only)
- Form 14568-G, Schedule 7 - Failure to Distribute Elective Deferrals in Excess of the Section 402(g) Limit
- Form 14568-H, Schedule 8 - Failure to Pay Required Minimum Distributions Timely
- Form 14568-I, Schedule 9 - Limited Safe Harbor Correction by Plan Amendment
- Letter 5265, Form 8950 Application for Voluntary Correction Program Acknowledgement Letter
Forms 8950 and 8951
Include both with your submission:
- Form 8950, Application for Voluntary Correction Program (VCP) (Instructions)
- Form 8951, User Fee for Application for Voluntary Correction Program (VCP)
Forms 2848 and 8821
Use Form 2848 if you want someone to represent you with regard to your VCP submission. Use Form 8821 to designate someone to receive copies of IRS issued correspondence.
- Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (Instructions)
- Form 8821, Tax Information Authorization