Information For...

For you and your family
Standard mileage and other information

Forms and Instructions

Individual Tax Return
Instructions for Form 1040
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification
Request for Transcript of Tax Return


Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate
Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
Employers engaged in a trade or business who pay compensation
Installment Agreement Request

Popular For Tax Pros

Amend/Fix Return
Apply for Power of Attorney
Apply for an ITIN
Rules Governing Practice before IRS

FAQs for Indian Tribal Governments regarding Non-Casino Cash Transactions Over $10,000 - Form 8300

These frequently asked questions and answers are provided for general information only and should not be cited as any type of legal authority. They are designed to provide the user with information required to respond to general inquiries. Due to the uniqueness and complexities of Indian law and Federal tax law, it is imperative to ensure a full understanding of the specific question presented, and to perform the requisite research to ensure a correct response is provided.




  1. What is IRC Section 6050I?
  2. What is a related transaction?
  3. What are the filing requirements for Form 8300?
  4. Does the buyer have to be notified that a Form 8300 was filed?
  5. When must the buyer be notified?
  6. Is the filer of Form 8300 required to keep a copy of the filed form?
  7. Is there an IRS publication explaining Form 8300, Report of Cash Payments Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business? 


  For questions regarding tax return account matters, tax deposits or filing requirements, please contact our Customer Account Services staff toll-free at

For questions on any tribal tax matter, please e-mail us.  Be sure to include your name, your phone number and your email address so that we can respond to your question.